Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Because I have an ego the size of a small city

I thought I'd post/share/brag about this email I got about the strawberry cake from one of Elaine's coworkers.

"Ok, Robert, we have not met yet, but Elaine shared your masterpiece with me today and I need tell you that this was the best tasting cake I have ever had. It was amazing for texture and the light strawberry flavor-- elusive but undeniable. I don't think there is a better word than "Fresh". I shared this cake with my office colleagues--the response was an enthusiastic one---unbelievable cake!"

Now I will struggle to get around with this (even more) inflated ego

4 comments:

  1. Regarding that comment, I don't think there is a better word than "Fresh". The person is presuming an intimacy with you that is remarkably forward, and most unbecoming. No cake could possibly be THAT good.

    Oh wait, it had strawberries? Never mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no. you had your chance to get some of the cake. but your wife made a face when I offered it. so there is no amount of sucking up that will soothe my hurt feelings

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake was ridiculous. Incredible. Mindbending. I didn't think I liked angel food type cakes. I was wrong. Didn't think I needed a lot to do with a fruit flavored cake. I was wrong. The next cake I make will be this one, so I can blow the minds of others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks very much.

    the people who deal with me are not going to like the effects your comments will have on my substantial ego :)

    BTW, do you work in Mary's lab?

    ReplyDelete