Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When the sun hits your eye like a big pizza pie....

Dough

4 cups flour. (I use high gluten flour. but bread flour will do)
~1.5 cups 2% milk.
Yeast 1 packet, whatever. You just need yeast
2 tblsp kosher salt. If you use table salt, use 1 tblsp
1.5 tblsp butter (soft)

Mix the yeast into the water and let sit for a few minutes

Mix the water and flour in a Kitchenaid until it's just coming together. Stop the machine and cover with a towel or saran wrap. Let sit for ~20 minutes.

After rest, add salt and butter. Mix well.

Roll into a ball and let rise until doubled in a covered bowl

That recipe made 3 pizzas. So plan accordingly. And I used a tomato sauce on these pizzas. If you want the recipe, let me know.

After the initial rise, I divided the dough into thirds and put the oven to 450. I thought I would experiment with a silver pan and a dark pan. Sure enough, the dark pan had a better, crunchier crust.

Here I got the cake pans and poured some olive oil in the bottom. enough to coat the bottom. I covered them and let them rise for a bit. This picture is pre-rise.













While I waited for the dough to rise I sautéed some schrooms with balsamic until nice and brown













Then let them drain. I hate soggy pizza













Then I gave the dog some ice. She loves her some ice



















After the dough had risen, I dressed it with tomato sauce, pepperoni, schrooms, and "cheese, Grommit". Let it go for ~20 minutes and this came out













After it cooled for a minute, the crust was nice and chewy on the inside. but crunchy on the outside

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh sweet, I was going to hit you up for this recipe (again) the other day. Hakamablog to the rescue!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you clarify the recipe. You say milk in the ingredients but water in the how to. Sounds like a great recipe but I don't want to do it wrong. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sorry. The directions should say milk. my early onset dementia is acting up.

    ReplyDelete