Sunday, March 15, 2009

Finished cake

After you cut the cakes in half, it helps to line them up, plumb the sides and level the top. I cut a notch into the cake as a reference for when I am building it.



















Filled the layers with buttercream and put a thin crumb coat on the cake, then into the freezer to set













Once the crumb coat is hard, it's time for the rest of the buttercream

















Some would stop there, but I usually add a layer layer of poured ganache. Annnd done

3 comments:

  1. Are you trying to seduce my wife via the internet? Holy crap! That looks AMAAAAAAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...that looks really good! Of course, ganache + ... well, almost anything... looks really good. Man, I gotta go find me some chocolate!

    (and some ice for the dog, natch!)

    Great blog, Robert--I look forward to more good makins' to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I might be trying to seduce your wife, but the comment was anonymous. So it depends on who your wife is :P

    ReplyDelete